Monday, April 7, 2008

CDs? CDs! CDs.

Many students don't know that the library has popular CDs for check out. Recently we added Keyshia Cole, Just Like You, and Alicia Keys, As I Am to the collection, as well as some classic jazz. But we want to add more- and that's where you come in. I'm going to post a list of CDs I picked out for us, and if you want them, don't want them, or want to suggest something else, post a comment. Be anonymous! Here's my list:

Arctic Monkeys- Favourite Worst Nightmare
Erykah Badu- New Amerykah Part One (4th World War)
Sara Bareilles- Little Voice
Blonde Redhead- 23
Donnie- The Daily News
Foo Fighters- Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace
Gnarls Barkley- The Odd Couple
Herbie Hancock- River: The Joni Letters (won the Grammy for best album of the year)
Leona Lewis- Spirit
Little Brother- Getback
Mars Volta- Bedlam in Goliath
One Republic- Dreaming Out Load
Panic at the Disco- Pretty. Odd
The Raconteurs- Consolers of the Lonely
Spoon- Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Justin Timberlake- FutureSex/Love Sounds
Kanye West- Graduation
Amy Winehouse- Back to Black

Thoughts?


***ETA*** Mariah Carey- E= MC2 (I heard the first 8 tracks on the radio this morning, and it was [gasp] good. )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about Vampire Weekend?

Jaime said...

Fantastic suggestion! No problem!

Anonymous said...

CD suggestion: sound track for the movie JUNO, which, according to Rolling Stone Magazine, had been in the #1 spot!!! It's a pretty cool album, if I do say so myself.
Elaine

Anonymous said...

How about a cd from the band Poison? One of those greatest hits cd's. I have borrowed a ton of cd's from NVCC library of music that I love: pop, rock, club, techno/dance, world, etc... However I have a suggestion. Maybe some more cd's from 80's and early 90's hair/glam metal bands like the one I stated above. It's just that I'm a fanatic of the 80's and early 90's hair/glam metal/rock.

Best Wishes