Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Welcome (back)!

If you're a returning student, welcome back! And if you're new, congratulations. You've made a great choice and a financially sound one at that. Naugatuck Valley Community College is a great college with awesome, invested professors, and to top that, we have a brand new Technology Hall building that opens- TODAY! I haven't even gone over there yet but I plan on checking it out at lunchtime. Let me know what you think!

Not only do we have a brand spanking new building, but there have been some other changes over the summer. We have a new president, Dr. Daisy Cocco De Filippis. Dr. De Filippis comes to us from Hostos Community College in the Bronx. I can personally say that she is a warm and enthusiastic individual and she really likes our campus, especially the trees. So, that is very exciting.

In library news, our beloved student worker Naomi has graduated and moved on to exciting adventures, so we encourage anyone with work study money to talk to us about working at the library. It's a really fun work study job, although I have to tell you that I worked at the library all four years of college and now I'm a librarian, so consider yourself warned. ;)

We also got new computers with Office '07 on them in L523, the computer room upstairs. The reference area still has Office '03.

Have a great school year!

No comments: